Subject: Two SCSI buses on DEC 3000/400
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/20/1999 11:19:05
Dear NetBSD/Alpha:

I've seen a note on the NetBSD Web site saying that problems will arise if
both SCSI buses are used on a turbochannel machine.  That's a nuisance for
me because I have a 3000/400 with a BA-350 storage shelf attached to it,
and I believe that would be connected to the second SCSI bus.

Could you tell me what kind of problems might occur if I ignore the warning?

I suppose I could just remove the two internal drives and put them in the
external shelf (if I can find some mounting hardware for them) so the
external bus is the only one that's used.

Raymond Phillips