Subject: floating point exception?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/05/1999 03:13:03
Hi guys,
A user just told me that fortune is now dumping core with a floating point
exception error...I never noticed, as I don't have it in my login, so I
don't know when this started. As it was compiled without symbols, gdb isn't
all that useful. I saw that makefile thread in current, but my make build
went all the way through. This was Sept 3, although it had also dumped core
on my previous build which was about a week & 1/2 old. This is extremely
trivial, & means nothing to me, but I wanted to give a heads-up. I don't
know if it's an alpha problem or not, though. Being RISC, though, they
usually tend to take care of floating point stuff natively instead of using
an integrated (or outboard) FPU like CISC chips do.

Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.