Subject: Re: Decent SCSI card for AlphaStation 200?
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/05/1999 00:30:22
On Sat, 4 Sep 1999 Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no wrote:

> > > Indeed.  My Qlogic ISP-1040 card was not recognized by the
> > > firmware on my PC164 (not SX or LX) system.
> >
> > Hmm. Kind of strange. My KZPBA (ISP-1040) is recognised by the
> > quite ancient EB64+ SRM I run in my Aspen Alpine. But this SRM
> > has really old firmware for the isp1040 :-(.
>
> I guess the main lesson is that "boot device support varies among
> the different Alpha system models".

Not true, really; remember that the srm console is loadable software.
What you should have said was that the support varied between versions
of the SRM software.

> - Håvard

Chuck Robey                | Interests include any kind of voice or data
chuckr@mat.net             | communications topic, C programming, Unix and
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1 | carpentry.  It's all in the design!
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD/i386
(301) 220-2114             | jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD/Alpha