Subject: Re: Decent SCSI card for AlphaStation 200?
To: None <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/02/1999 13:41:38
> > Hmm, one of us made a part number error.  What's the part number of the
> > plain differential card? The card I bought was very simple, not even any
> > termination. (You plug an external terminator directly on the PCI bracket
> > connector if you only have internal drives.) It didn't have really anything
> > on the pci card except an NCR (fast wide differential) chip, and it was a
> > small card, too.
>
> Whatever it is, it is not a KZPSA-BB. Mine is sitting next to me ;)
>
> I am not aware of any other differential adapter, except the KZPBA-CB
> (which is an isp chip) supplied by DEC.

OK, I think I know what happened. I had a *Symbios* card, with an '825D
on it, which gave me wide differential with decent performance, and worked
well with our ncr driver. Although I saw the "Symbios" on the card, I've
seen dec modules with "Symbios" on them, so I managed to misclassify it
in my memory...

I believe I got it from here:

	htt:://www.ciaincorp.com/scsicon.htm

ross.harvey@computer.org