Subject: Re: Decent SCSI card for AlphaStation 200?
To: None <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/31/1999 12:41:13
> From: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
>
> As Ross Harvey wrote ...
> > > From: Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
> > >
> > > As Ross Harvey wrote ...

> > > The DEC name for the NCR810 board is a KZPAA-AA. There are also
> > > ethernet/scsi combo boards, I think these are KZPSM (10Mbit enet &
> > > fast SCSI NCR810) and KZPCM (10/100Mbit enet & dual ultra SCSI ncr875(?))
> > >
> > > KZPAA is a plain NCR board (the ones I have have the NCR logo on them)
> > > PSM and PCM are DEC designs.
> >
> > Thanks Wilko! I should have posted the part numbers. Here is the DEC
>
> You're welcome ;)
>
> > number for a differential ncr pci card: KZPSA-xx. I think I have a KZPSA-BB.
>
> Beware: the KZPSA-BB (I have one here) uses a 53C720 chip. And it is an
> intelligent card, sporting an i960 cpu etc. Not your run of the mill
> ncr card. Needs a special driver. And it is a long card, so check if
> it will fit in your case (CPU heatsinks come to mind).
>
> Mine is available for trade BTW. So if someone is interested drop me a line.

Hmm, one of us made a part number error.  What's the part number of the
plain differential card? The card I bought was very simple, not even any
termination. (You plug an external terminator directly on the PCI bracket
connector if you only have internal drives.) It didn't have really anything
on the pci card except an NCR (fast wide differential) chip, and it was a
small card, too.