Subject: X on Turbo Channel system
To: port-alpha@netbsd.org <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Murat Kumykov <mkumykov@worldcaretech.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/31/1999 11:24:40
--------------D586EB753D5D6136CF0C69CA

I've been trying to run NetBSD with X windows on my dec3000 Model 400

I installed 1.4.1 distribution,
recompiled kernel using TCWSCONS configuration
enabled rc.wcconf in rc.conf

wscons config scripts reports following :

wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device busy
wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Cannot allocate memory

and startx quits saying that no screens available.

Console works fine in text mode, keyboard and mice seems to work Ok too.

Is it possible to make X runnig on my system or it's to early to ask for
that ?

--------------D586EB753D5D6136CF0C69CA

begin:vcard
n:Kumykov;Murat
tel;fax:1-617-374-9991
tel;work:1-617-250-5118
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Worldcare Technologies
adr:version:2.1;;One Cambridge Ctr;Cambridge;MA;02142;United States
version:2.1
email;internet:mkumykov@worldcare.com
title:Software Eng.
fn:Murat Kumykov