Subject: Re: addendum to -current oddities & audio Q's
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/30/1999 21:00:58
>The card is a windows sound system compatible card.  I believe the
>following should work:
>
>wss*    at      isa? port 0x530 irq 9 drq 0     # Windows Sound System
>audio*  at      wss?

I don't know if it was originally commented out on the GENERIC or whether
it just hadn't shown up earlier somehow in my dmesg when I started doing
kernel compiles, but I uncommented those & now it's working :). I copied an
.au file to /dev/audio & it sounded good :). I'll assume that mp3 files are
tricky, & will keep playing with them...I downloaded a couple & can tell
what they're supposed to be, but they're not right, & I get lots of errors
saying "mpg123: Can't rewind stream by x bits!" where x is a changing
number. I'm just invoking it with "mpg123 name_of_file.mp3".

Thanks for this info...I love being able to get decent sound out of my
alpha :).

Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.