Subject: Re: netbooting with MOP
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/18/1999 21:38:18
On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 07:07:04PM -0700, Erik E. Fair wrote:
> The SRM firmware upgrade software can be booted via MOP according to the
> documentation that comes with it - that strikes me as a good thing for
> NetBSD's mopd to support, since DEC (I mean, Compaq) still sends out the
> updates via FTP (the CD-ROM costs money).

I've successfully upgraded the firmware in my 3000/400 via mopd running
on a pmax.  It would seem that NetBSD's mopd already groks files in MOP
format.  :)

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
    "[...] of all the port lists to grumble to about slow CPU speeds and
     other resource limitations, I'd imagine that port-vax is not a very
     good choice :-)"  --  Brian D. Chase