Subject: Re: tekram dc-310 (symbios 53c810ae) doesn't work with pc164 ?
To: None <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/12/1999 13:35:00
> I'm attempting to use a Tekram DC-310 (Symbios 53C810AE) and
> "show config" won't even list the controller.  Is there any
> setting which can be changed (when placed in a PC) that will
> make it work?

I doubdt it.  SRM is probably looking at the manufacturer/device
IDs in the PCI config on the card and comparing to its own
built-in table, and not finding it.  I'm not sure it's easy (or
possible -- possibly a checksum would be wrong) to binary patch
the SRM firmware (not for the faint of heart!) to force it into
recognizing the card and use it as an 53c810.

> FYI, the Tekram DC-310 card, with the 53c810AE chipset probes
> as follows in NetBSD:
>
> ncr0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: ncr 53c810a fast10 scsi

That doesn't tell the PCI manufacturer/device IDs; you need a
kernel with PCIVERBOSE (I think).

- H=E5vard