Subject: Re: install.txt/SRM-ARC & XL266
To: Joerg Czeranski <jc@joerch.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/09/1999 14:33:41
On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 04:56:10PM +0200, Joerg Czeranski wrote:
> Unfortunately you're totally right.  The XL266 is ARC only.
> So are the PC164RX boards, Samsung UX boards (I don't remember the
> company who designed them, Samsung builds them) and API's UP2000(?)
> NT boxes AFAIK.
>
> > Any hints on how to get through the install on this
> > particular machine?
>
> You have the choice of NT or Linux.

What's Linux doing that we can't do?
(It's a trick question)

Is it just a matter of design, where ARC doesn't have some things
that make life easy (portable?) for NetBSD?

Is there more ARC information (docs) available now than when port-alpha
started?

Is there anything the Linux boot code couldn't show us how to handle?

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,