Subject: Re: Ok, I give... HELP! Please?
To: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/07/1999 23:30:01
Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com> writes:
> 	I'll list the errors one at a time. First up:
>
> AMD 79c30 at ioasic0 offset 0x240000 device not configured
>
> 	(My question here: Huh? I thought the onboard ethernet port was fully
> supported?!)

*chuckle*  and you think this is the ethernet ... why?

The ethernet's a 79_9_0 (LANCE).  That's not it.

> 	Here's the one that really concerns me. The hard drive is dka300, and
> here's what I get when NetBSD's SCSI probe tries to pick it up.
>
> probe(asc0:3:0): max sync rate 5.00Mb/s
> asc0: illegal command: 0x42 (state 2, phase 3, prephase 1)
> asc0: SCSI bus reset

dunno what's up with this.

> WARNING: Can't figure out what device matches "SCSI 0 6 0 0 400 0 FLAMG-IO"
>
> 	Again... Huh?

It sounds like it didn't correctly probe/attach your CD-ROM, for
whatever reason, and therefore... it couldn't figure out what device
matched that firmware device.  (That's the firmware 'internal' name
for dka400, your CD-ROM, which is presumably what you booted from.)

dunno why your disk and CD-ROM didn't probe correctly, but that
message doesn't ring a bell with me.  (it's been a few years since i
sat down at a 3000-family box, though.  8-)  I suggest you check your
SCSI bus cabling and termination, just to be sure.

cgd