Subject: Re: Too strange. Just too strange.
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/04/1999 22:46:32
On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Zdenek Salvet wrote:

=> > Thus, I can't "show | more", so I can't remember how to set the machine to
=> > autoboot.
=>
=> set boot_osflags a
=> set auto_action boot

Speaking of which, does anyone know how to get a DEC 3000/300 to
autoboot despite startup self-test errors?  (I've looked in my manual,
but nothing suggests itself in the way of environment variables to set.)
The framebuffer in my 3000/300 appears to have stuck-at faults in the
RAM, and so fails its test.  Accordingly, I have to boot it manually
every time there is a power problem or it otherwise does a hard reset.

Admittedly, this is a minor problem, as it doesn't need booting from the
PROM very often, but it would be nice if it would auto-boot upon power
on.  (Ditto for my DECstation 3100.)

Cheers,

Paul.