Subject: Re: Zoom. Now what? :)
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/02/1999 19:52:08
On Mon, 2 Aug 1999 seebs@plethora.net wrote:

> Wouldn't it be cool if we could get all the ports with PCI hardware to share
> a bit of code for making the new config files, so they'd magically have the
> right options?

Hm. Perhaps we need to have a new kernel config, ALL (as we already
have for alpha, though it's not called that) that includes an MI
config file that contains all of the PCI stuff. That way we can
have the release build procedures build that one as well as GENERIC
(and INSTALL, and whatever else a port has) and we'll see MI lossage
on new PCI drivers fairly quickly. In fact, we could do this for
other buses, such as ISA, as well.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.