Subject: Re: Displays for NetBSD on Alphas
To: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
From: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/30/1999 04:25:31
> Isn't there a bigger difference than IDE vs SCSI? Isn't one an SRM/Tru64
> system and the other an ARC/NT? Do both of those systems actually even have
> SRM available?

That sounds like the offical party line, or part of it.  (I'm not
a spokesman.)

I've never used an "a" box.  I don't know much about them. I think
I saw a message about IDE disks working.  (That's what caught my
eye and made me jump into this discussion.)  So some sort of console
must work too.

How many people are running Miatas with IDE disks?  What console
are you using?

> But this is why I have de-emphasized the in-depth descriptions of the
> machines we run on. It's too hard to keep them up to date and no one
> person has all the system-specific awareness needed.

The problem is that if things get too general, then there isn't enough
info to figure out how to configure a system that works.

> If you (or anyone) could send me (or www@netbsd.org) some diffs, that would
> help...

I can probably make a first pass...

Can you take a chunk of raw text to insert?  Or do you need diffs
that include the html stuff?