Subject: Re: quick question
To: Graham Van Epps <gvanepps@gankish.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/25/1999 16:28:17
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Graham Van Epps wrote:

> i recently acquired a DEC Personal Workstation 433a (ie a miata machine).
> is IDE supported for netbsd on this system?  the page mentions it being supported for the AXPpci33 and UDB machines.

I don't see why it shouldn't be; I currently have an IDE drive on
my PC164 machine, and it works just fine (albeit slowly, in comparison
to any array of U2W Barracudas :-)).

You'll find out quickly enough if you download a set of boot
floppies, boot NetBSD, and see if it probes. If it doesn't, I can't
see how it would be much work to fix.

Whether your machine will boot from IDE depends on whether or not
the console knows about the controller, of course. But that's
unrelated to which OS you run.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.