Subject: Re: axppci y2k?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/25/1999 00:07:23
> my axppci33 seems to get the date wrong:

> Thu Jul 25 11:55:54 CST 2019

> I've reset the date multiple time and rebooted the system, but for
> some unknown reason, gets set again 20 years ahead of schedule...

> The day of month and time are correct.  Has anyone else seen this?

Yes!  And I thought I was the only one.

The system in question is a "Digital AlphaPC 164LX 533 MHz, 531MHz"
according to dmesg.  But I see the date go weird only when the system
is powered off - I can reboot all day and it'll keep time just fine,
but turn it off and it'll timewarp to 2019.

Fortunately the machine is on a UPS, with approximately 100% uptime, so
this is not much of an issue in practice for us.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca