Subject: Re: zip mount and msdosfs problem
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Tobias Ernst <tobi@bland.fido.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/13/1999 20:16:12
Hallo!

 CB> Perhaps in the meantime mbrlabel(8) is an option.

Thanks to you and all the others for your comments. Given the fact that a) I
have no experience in BSD kernel hacking and b) that mbrlabel works perfectly
well I will stick to the latter :-). Thanks for pointing me to this tool. If my
vote for the future development counts, using slices like FreeBSD sounds like
the best idea a heard in here so far.

Now I still have the problem with the msdos filesystem not being able to work
with subdirectories, neither on the floppy nor on the ZIP disk. All
subdirectories that exist (created on other machines) or that we create are
simply shown empty and you can`t copy anything into it.

I cannot really believe that on i386 the msdosfs has the same bug, so I assume
there is some 64 bit problem in the code or something. As nobody in here could
say anything about it, maybe you could suggest another mailing list where I
could take the problem to?

Viele Gruesse,
Tobias