Subject: Re: zip mount and msdosfs problem
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org, tobi@bland.fido.de>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/12/1999 17:55:26
OK, good points. We don't grok PeeCee-style disk layouts, but it would be
A Real Fine Thing if we did.  (I'm surprised this hasn't come up before,
I mean, would you really be the only user if we had this feature? But in
the past, compatibility with OSF/1^WDigital Unix^W^WTru64 was more important.)

Anyway, someone with the appropriate inclination needs to hack this into
/sys/arch/alpha/alpha/disksubr.c.  It's not too hard, since the code needed
is all in /sys/arch/i386/i386/disksubr.c. Naturally, the end goal is to
read _both_ the i386 and alpha disks. A really totally complete implementation
might even establish a common file both ports can use to read both types
of disk layouts.

I'm not sure what's up with problem #2.

	ross.harvey@computer.org