Subject: Re: hardware help w/DEC 3000/300x
To: John Franklin <franklin@elfie.perspex.com>
From: Sheila&bob <shsrms@erols.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/11/1999 09:18:18
Going thru the list archives I have kept since joining the list, and
setting my search properly,
I found this message.
Now, Two Dumb Questions:
1.  How do I tel the diff between a 300 and a 300X or LX?
I have the same jumpers on my new machine, and I thought it was just a
300.

2.  So, this implies I just have to plug in a vt220 and power the beast
up, is this correct?
I am going to cheat of course, plug in a new drive, use my existing
expansion box with 1.4 already on it, and create a new drive, then put
my expansion box back on the multia.
Ah, the use of 10 buck expansion boxes at UMD terrapin trader!!
thanks
bob