Subject: My first Alpha: What've I got?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/09/1999 18:03:27
Hi, folks,

	I come from a world of MicroVAX and MicroPDP-11, so please
forgive any seemingly silly questions.

	I just got my first ever Alpha system. It's a DEC 3000/600, and
it looks like it's pretty well loaded. It has the PMAG-C frame buffer,
an RZ26, and four of those 100-pin SIMMs (I have no clue how
much actual memory this is).

	I'd like to get NetBSD/Alpha onto it, of course. However, the
NetBSD site is not clear on support for this particular model. It's
not in the 21264 family, I can tell that much. It's model code is
PE42A-A9, and it's CPU type is KN17.

	Soooooo.... what, exactly, have I got, and will the Alpha port of
NetBSD run with it?

	Failing that, I assume it'll run Digital Unix?

	Thanks in advance.

Bruce Lane, Owner and Head Honcho
Blue Feather Technologies (www.bluefeathertech.com)
kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com