Subject: Re: IP NAT broken in the past?
To: Lindgren, Jon <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/08/1999 18:54:04
On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 12:44:06PM -0400, Lindgren, Jon wrote:
> > Manuel Bouyer wrote,
> >
> > I don't know for 1.3.3 but I think if it's really brocken there would
> > be a patch in the NetBSD-1.3.3/patches directory.  I used NAT on a 1.4
> > i386 box (don't forget the in_var.h patch :) without problems (I'm
> > using only the ftp proxy part now, which is causing me some troubles,
> > e.g. occasional kernel panics).
>
> Oi!  panics aren't good... anyone experience similar panics on 1.4-Alpha?

No, but this is actually a quite loaded router, and with a quite special
NAT: NAT only for ftp, so that I don't have to allow incoming tcp connections.
Panics seems caused by passive ftp sessions, but I've not been able to
reproduce it yet.
I can't remember having seen these when I was running full NAT.