Subject: Re: IP NAT broken in the past?
To: Lindgren, Jon <jlindgren@espus.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/08/1999 09:46:01
"Lindgren, Jon" <jlindgren@espus.com> writes:
> So my question is - is NAT known to have problems in any releases?  Should
> it have worked on 1.3.2/1.3.3, and does it work on 1.4?

I don't have any first-hand experience (i'm one of those people who
believes NAT is evil 8-), but:

I seem to recall that it was known to _not_ work on the alpha in the
earlier 1.3.x releases, and was fixed in later ones.  I _think_ 1.3.2
"didn't work," and that 1.3.3 was supposed to.  You might check the
list archives.

I believe it's supposed to work on 1.4 (or at least, there's been no
hint that it doesn't, that i'm aware of).

cgd