Subject: Re: fat and sane support
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Tobias Ernst <tobi@bland.fido.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/01/1999 08:26:44
Hallo David!

[Bugs of mtools on DEC OSF/1]

 DM> What kind of bugs? I notice that the mtools in pkgsrc doesn't have
 DM> any platforms marked as NOT_FOR_ARCH...

The most severe thing is that if you press Ctrl+C while mcopy is working you
have a high chance of the disk being unusable after that. This is even so on my
Multi with Linux, so it seems to be a general shortcoming of the mtools.

Another thing which until now I only saw on DEC UNIX is that copying a
subdirectory tree with "mcopy -/" will yield "disk full" when it tries to
create the second subdirectory and stop, while actually the disk isn't anything
but full. I.E. if I have

/foo/bar
/foo/baz

and do   mcopy -/ /foo z:

It will create /foo, /bar, and copy the contents of /foo/bar to the ZIP, and
then stop and say disk full, I have to do another "mcopy -/ /foo/baz z:/foo" to
get everything on the disk. This goes on your nerves if you have more than just
two subdirectories ...

Thank you for the other tips, David.

Viele Gr=FC=DFe,
Tobias