Subject: Re: string.h?
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/23/1999 08:03:04
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999 02:20:09 -0500 (CDT)
 Dave Huang <khym@bga.com> wrote:

 > I had the same problem with gawk's getopt.c, but subr_extent.c compiles
 > fine for me... why was "make build" compiling that anyways? I thought
 > that was only compiled when making a kernel. 'cuz subr_extent.c
 > #includes <sys/systm.h> if _KERNEL is defined, and systm.h has a
 > prototype for memset.

The GNU people seem to forget <string.h> ... often.  You'd think they'd
make sure prototypes are always in scope... oh well.

Anyhow, someone will check in a fix for gawk's getopt soon, I'm sure.

Regarding subr_extent.c... there is a regression test for it in
src/regress, and you'll note that the file itself is set up to build
in a userland testing harness.