Subject: Re: Anyone got Acroread running?
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/16/1999 17:29:38
Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us> writes:
> > That's the task_self() Mach trap.  This one isn't going to be easy... :(
>
> Well, if I recall correctly, task_self() was sort of the mach
> equivalent of getpid().  it's probably easy.  it's the other task_*
> calls that will be.. more interesting.

by all means, go to it!  8-)

FWIW, acroread was one of the first things i tried after i got
Navigator up and running.

Unfortunately, it does a lot more than just task_self (i stubbed the
calls out to just print a message and return), though I forget what
all it does exactly...  easy for interested parties to figure out.

chris