Subject: Re: Incorrect information on www.netbsd.org
To: Torbjorn Granlund <tege@swox.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/16/1999 11:29:22
On 16 Jun 1999 17:16:33 +0200
 Torbjorn Granlund <tege@swox.com> wrote:

 > I am sorry you think I was flaming.  I like NetBSD and have installed and
 > used it for many years.  In all years I have gotten perhaps 2 crashes from
 > NetBSD machines.  But NetBSD 1.4 crashes during boot for the machines I have
 > tried.  I don't have the full picture of course, but perhaps this is
 > pointing to a problem.

Ok, so having just done a search, I see your NetBSD/alpha bug was reported
in the "kern" category.  For the record, Alpha bugs belong in the "port-alpha"
category.

Machine Check vector 0x660 is often some sort of hardware failure.  But
in order to find out what really happened, we need to decode some
info that is ... not documented very well.

If I add some code to do this, and make a new boot floppy, would you
be willing to test it?