Subject: Incorrect information on www.netbsd.org
To: None <core@netbsd.org, webmaster@netbsd.org, port-macppc@netbsd.org,>
From: Torbjorn Granlund <tege@swox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/16/1999 11:06:46
NetBSD no longer works on important machines, but www.netbsd.org claims
otherwise.  I have run NetBSD on my Alphas and Macintoshes for several
years, but 1.4 just panics on all machines I have tried so far.  My and
other people's bug reports are silently ignored.

Of course, nobody can demand that you fix bugs unless they pay you to do so.
But one can ask you not to claim support for machines where the current
release just plain doesn't work.

Therefore, please stop claiming support for Alpha PC164LX and similar
systems, as well as support for Macs such as the 9600.  I get reports in
private mail that there are identical panics for many other Mac systems too.
(My macppc install instructions are used by many people, and then I get
report about the install failures.)

NetBSD 1.4 is the first NetBSD release I have come across that has caused me
any problems whatsoever.  All previous releases have worked great.  But
NetBSD 1.4 fails to operate at all on the systems I have tried so far.

--
Torbjörn