Subject: Re: trying to boot netbsd1.4 on a PW433au
To: None <kurt.schreiner@uni-mainz.de>
From: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/27/1999 11:56:10
> if I can't find a usable graphics card: is it possible to use a serial
> console to set up this puppy from the boot floppys?

I've had no troubles installing NetBSD on PWs without any display
card at all.  You need a VT100 type terminal on the serial port or
a cross connect cable connected to another system.

At the >>> prompt, do a "show | more".  I think the paramater is
called "console".  It selects between "serial" and "graphics".  Set
it to serial and reboot.

I think things get forced into to the serial mode if you unplug the
keyboard.