Subject: Re: Problems with SysInst
To: None <murray@pa.dec.com, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/25/1999 14:19:18
> From: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
> ..
> > > /usr/include/machine and /usr/include/${MACHINE} switched - one used
>
> > sysinst has the machinery to deal with this, it's just that the proper
> > setup was not done for alpha.
>

> Just out of curiousity...
>
> Why is that chunk of code alpha dependent?

Right, the proper setup was not done for alpha. It wasn't done for a single
one of the other 20 platforms either, because the PM's were not told about
it. (To be fair, not all that many of those platforms use sysinst.)

I just looked up the mail that was sent. It describes only an abstract
mechanism for removing old files, and then strongly implies that no specific
MD action needed to be taken ... it said:

        "It just needs to be tested on other ports that use sysinst,  and
        pulled up."

Well, I did test it, but not in a mode that hit this bug.

No cookies for this "fix". :-)

        Ross.Harvey@Computer.Org