Subject: vrele: bad ref count (was Re: Installation experiences)
To: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/25/1999 12:54:26
On Tue, 25 May 1999, Ross Harvey wrote:
> COMPAT_OSF1 is greatly improved in post-1.4 NetBSD-current. See the
> "NetBSD/alpha News" on the NetBSD/alpha home page for details.

Yeah, I saw that... I'm running a NetBSD 1.4C kernel though (haven't
upgraded userland stuff yet). And it doesn't mention what I need to do
to get it set up... there's not compat_osf1 manpage either.

BTW, I looked through the log files, and the panics I got were:

vrele: bad ref count: type
vrele: bad ref count: type VNON, usecount -3, writecount -1, refcount
5368826400,
vrele: bad ref count: type lfs, usecount -3, writecount -1, refcount
5368826400,
vrele: bad ref count: type VSOCK, usecount -3, writecount -1, refcount
5368826400,

So I guess it's not quite as random as I thought it was. The "type"
looks pretty random though, and from looking at the code in vfs_subr.c,
v_type contains junk... "lfs" is not a valid type, and neither is a null
character :)

Any idea why "trace" in ddb doesn't print anything?
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++