Subject: Re: Should X work on my system?
To: Robert I Murillo <rmurillo@engin.umich.edu>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/29/1999 13:18:10
NetBSD-1.3.3, with a newer Xserver should not work, you need to
get the Xserver from the same vintage, in order to have it work.
The new Xserver is expecting wscons, and NetBSD-1.3.3 does not have
wscons.

If you run a -current kernel, and a -current Xserver, you should
be able to get it working.

(And, I think that /etc/XF86Config is not used, since the alpha
TGA Xserver is not XFree86.  XalphaNetBSD should just "DTRT" if
you have a ZLXp-E1 (TGA) without needing additional configuration,
as the kernel recognises how the card is set up.)

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == NetBSD:  Obey Your Brain                      http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==
 == NetBSD logos:                     http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/logo/  ==