Subject: booting with NCR3c875
To: 'port-alpha@netbsd.org' <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/28/1999 17:35:48

------_=_NextPart_001_01BE91BF.4DAC1EEF

Hi there,

I'm curious as to whether anyone has tried booting an AlphaPC 164
motherboard off of a Diamond Fireport 40 (NCR 53c875-based) UW-SCSI adapter
and SCSI-3 HD? The systems description on the web site says that some older
console firmware revisions cannot boot off of the newer NCR parts, and then
elsewhere it mentions that the NCR 53c810 driver is buggy. Are there any
"gotchas" I need to know about regarding these or other issues?

thanks,
Edwin

-----
Edwin Foo - Compaq Cambridge Research Laboratory
<efoo@crl.dec.com> [O] (617) 551-7612 [F] (617) 551-7650

------_=_NextPart_001_01BE91BF.4DAC1EEF

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>booting with NCR3c875</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi there,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I'm curious as to whether anyone has tried booting an =
AlphaPC 164 motherboard off of a Diamond Fireport 40 (NCR 53c875-based) =
UW-SCSI adapter and SCSI-3 HD? The systems description on the web site =
says that some older console firmware revisions cannot boot off of the =
newer NCR parts, and then elsewhere it mentions that the NCR 53c810 =
driver is buggy. Are there any &quot;gotchas&quot; I need to know about =
regarding these or other issues?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>thanks,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Edwin</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Edwin Foo - Compaq Cambridge Research =
Laboratory</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&lt;efoo@crl.dec.com&gt; [O] (617) 551-7612 [F] =
(617) 551-7650</FONT>
</P>