Subject: Re: Booting a Cabriolet
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@UAccess.NET>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/27/1999 01:42:56
> On Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 07:47:35PM -0700, System Administrator wrote:
> > I just got Net BSD 1.4 ALPHA to install on my Alpha 21064A PC 64
> > DVA0
> > EWA0 - which is my ethernet card

> What do you _mean_ when you say "I just got Net BSD 1.4 ALPHA to
> install..." if you don't even have a boot floppy?

	Just a guess, but...
	He could have booted off the network, in which case he wouldn't
need a floppy.  In which case the solution is simple: boot off the network
again.
	Then, since it's probably more convenient to have a custom kernel
that knows that the root filesystem is on a harddrive, use the stuff in
/usr/src/distrib/alpha/floppy-GENERIC, but using a kernel config'd with
the appropriate disk+partition set for root. (and any other customizations)

eric