Subject: Re: how to go forward from 19981020-SNAP?
To: None <kaleb@ics.com, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/22/1999 14:42:31
: From: "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@ics.com>

> I'm running the 19990325-SNAP kernel with the rest of the system running
> binaries from the 19981020-SNAP (although that will probably change
> soon) on an EBP30-AN (a.k.a. PC64, PCI64, EB64+, or Cabriolet).
>
> I'd kinda like to configure and build my own kernel, but I don't seem to
> have much luck in finding the sources to these snaps.
>
> Is my only choice to build from -current sources?

Yes, but it's not such a bad choice, as the snapshot was itself built from
-current sources.

So, by grabbing one of the -current source tarballs, you get about the same
source that the snapshot was made from anyway, just something that's a bit
newer.

Having said that, arguments have been advanced periodically that we should
put up the exact source the snapshot was made from; if people really care
we can certainly do that.

	Ross.Harvey@Computer.Org