Subject: Re: boot pain
To: Joel N. Weber II <nemo@gratuitous.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/20/1999 16:02:36
"Joel N. Weber II" <nemo@gratuitous.org> writes:
> Is there documentation in a convienet form somewhere that would tell
> me what command I need to boot off of the SCSI disk with ID 5?  `boot
> DKA0' works to boot off the first disk with the firmware on the
> machine I have.

Err, uh, there are SRM users manuals on the web in various places, not
sure of any off-hand though and i don't have time to look.  8-)

Anyway, at the firmware prompt 'show dev' should show you the
the firmware names for various devices.

for your particular case, "dka500" is almost certainly the device name
you want.

cgd