Subject: Re: Building a snapshot
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/19/1999 20:17:55
Mail 2 News writes:

> I am tring to build a snapshot from the April 18th tar files.  When I get
> to the usr.sbin/ipf/rules directory I get
>
> cleandir ===> usr.sbin/ipf/rules
> make: don't know how to make cleandir. Stop
>
> my error or the makefiles?

I'm not sure if my sup was for the 17th or 18th, but my /usr/bin/as
went south after the build, and I couldn't compile anything from the
point it was installed. I'm trying to make build again using the
comp.tar.gz from an old snapshot I downloaded.

This is a danger of make -k build i suppose, or not having DESTDIR set.

Although I can sucessfully build on the pentium, I'm unable to build
the full src tree on the alpha, and haven't been able to for a couple
weeks. Is this the current state of the sup tree? or do I have an
error in my sources? (The same sources are used for both alpha and
pentium, with separate obj directories, nfs shared src)

--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net