Subject: Re: 2.5" IDE-to-SCSI converters
To: None <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/18/1999 17:41:15
At 10:27 Uhr +0200 18.04.1999, Miles Nordin wrote:
>I saw this on RedHat's Alpha list.  Those of you with Multia's and older
>Powerbook's might find this useful.  I plan to get one if I can.
>
>Since we're in a group-purchase mode I thought I'd pass this along,
>although the likelihood of the deal actually going through sounds low to
>me.  But I suppose expressing your interest might help.

Sounds very, _very_ interesting. What about the price?

I ordered a 500M Fujitsu 2.5" SCSI drive at the end of last year for USD
200 (+ USD60 shipping overseas), just to find that it lacks the necessary
onboard terminator resistors and isn't recognized by my Duo 280. A Duo with
internal 5G drive would scream...

	hauke