Subject: Re: im an idiot: WAS: problem with 1.3.3
To: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
From: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/14/1999 17:24:48
At 02:19 PM 4/14/99 -0700, you wrote:
>> From port-alpha-owner-ross=teraflop.com@netbsd.org Wed Apr 14 14:14:52 1999
>> Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:13:54 -0400
>> To: port-alpha@netbsd.org
>> From: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
>> Subject: im an idiot: WAS: problem with 1.3.3
>>
>> oops.  well i replaced the floppy with a brand new one and all is well.
>> turns out that if i leave a floppy in the drive for more than a few
>> minutes it destroys the floppy.  i have a 7200 rpm scsi disk mounted
>> flush on top of the floppy drive so the floppies get toasted ;)
>
>No problem. And BTW, it sounds like your Multia needs one of Tim's
>fan upgrades...see:
>
>	http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/multiafaq.html#overheat
>
>Ross.Harvey@Computer.Org

i wish it were a multia.  its actually its just a system i built from an
axppci33 board.  i have quite a few fans in the case already... one for my
pci cards, one for the cpu, one for the heat sink on the board and one for
power supply.  problem is that i have three big fast scsi disks in the case
and they really cook.

thanks

nick