Subject: Re: Is there a 1.4 snapshot (for Alpha)?
To: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/11/1999 12:25:33
On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Hal Murray wrote:

> Now that I look harder, I notice that
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4_ALPHA/alpha/ is empty.
> Am I lost?

No, that's where the snapshot is supposed to be. It's just that
you haven't finished building it yet. :-)

> I think I've got the current sources.  Is there a recipe for how
> to make a pseudo snapshot?  (I'll type "make snapshot" and let it
> crunch if something like that will work.)

In fact, it's not hard. `make snapshot' from the top level should
make the system tarballs and kernels automatically, though it
doesn't currently make the install tools in src/distrib. I'd say
you should give it a go.

There are further instructions on building snapshots and releases under

    http://www.netbsd.org/developers/releng/build-release.html

Let me know if you find problems with these instructions.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.
The most widely ported operating system in the world: http://www.netbsd.org