Subject: config bug in 1.3.2?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Tobias Ernst <tobi@bland.fido.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/11/1999 00:44:16
Hallo!

I currently use NetBSD 1.3.2 (from a CD bought in Germany) on a netbooted
Multia. I want to compile a custom kernel, but have a problem with the config
program. I changed to /usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/conf, copied GENERIC to MULTIA
and edited the latter file to my needs, and then typed

# config MULTIA.
/dev/null:1: cannot open ../../../../conf/files: no such file or directory

The same message happens if I try to run config on GENERIC or any of the
example files. Is "config" broken in 1.3.2?

Which leads to my next question: If I install the sources from my 1.3.2 CD, can
I upgrade to the most current release via CVSup without having to download too
much files? Can you provide a pointer to a step-by-step guide for this, and how
much disk space will it take?

Viele Gr=FC=DFe,
Tobias