Subject: Re: mount hangs
To: None <mjacob@feral.com, root@garbled.net>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/01/1999 15:23:38
> From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
>
> > I found that a kernel I had kicking around from 3/21 sources, did not hang,
> > while a kernel built today does.  Ross and Charles suggested I start cvs
> > updating and find where it breaks.
> >
> > Unfortunately, my scratch disk beat them to it.  So now I am without spare disk
> > space on my machine to build anything until the replacement arrives.  Perhaps
> > someone else with CVS and a fast alpha could take a few hours and try to narrow
> > it down.
> >
> > My apologies..
> >

> No problem. I was told that Charles was looking at it, so I stopped
> looking at it myself.
>
> Who *is* on it? If nobody currently is, I'll go back to tracking the
> actual problem down- unless Bernd's conclusion that it's a compiler bug is
> what folks are happy with.

It's up to you, Matt-dude!

	Me and Charles: the problem doesn't happen to us
	Tim: 		disk crash
	Bernd: 		hostage to sky-high .de telecom rates

	Matt: 		our savior?

We need someone who can get the hang to do a cvs -D binary search, and
find the day that this started to happen. It seems to be something in
the kernel.

Thanks in advance!

	Ross.Harvey@Computer.Org