Subject: video drivers for S3 Trio64/Trio32 in DS3305?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/29/1999 13:29:38
Does NetBSD/alpha have drivers for the S3 Trio64/Trio32 VGA chip that the
DigitalServer 3305 has built in? (good enough for console text mode, I mean)

I'm still trying to guess why the NetBSD kernel apparently does nothing on
this beast when I netboot it with the graphics console. The first stage
booter comes over the wire, does its DHCP dance, finds the kernel OK, loads
it, jumps into it, and that's all she wrote.

I've got one of those funky DECconnect MMJ cables on order (10 day
backorder) so I can try a real serial console boot (unless someone local to
the bay area has a spare?).

	puzzled,

	Erik