Subject: Re: DigitalServer 3305 & SRM console code upgrade necessary/desireable?
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/24/1999 11:49:16
On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 02:43:49AM -0800, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> As a secondary issue, this box has a very nice cage in the front for
> UltraWide SCSI drives with SCA-2 connectors on 'em, but what DEC wants to
> charge for storage is extortionate. I would like to find a source for the
> disk mounting brackets for this system, buy three of those, and then
> separately buy disks from somewhere else at commodity prices.
>
> Anyone know where those brackets can be purchased as parts (replacement or
> otherwise) without disks in 'em? A web search revealed little...

Those are StorageWorks canisters.  You can get them from Island Computer, a
reseller that frequently posts in comp.sys.dec.

Same canisters that are used in Network Appliance fileservers -- needless
to say, NetApp charges even more for them than DEC does.

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"