Subject: Re: multia/tga console
To: None <joe@mediaone.net>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/23/1999 23:53:35
Are you using the graphics console?  If this is the case, then yes,
the rcons code does not take advantage of the hardware acceleration
of the TGA card.  I sent some code to Ross that should speed it up
by about 10-16 times.  It is still not fast, but certainly a lot
more useable.

Joseph Sarkes wrote:

>System is a 233 MHz multia.
>
>I found much to my surprise, that by monitoring the
>make build results using tail -f buildlog to the console
>was eating up around 50% of my cpu time! If I rlogin from
>another machine it is miniscule. Did I miss something in
>configuring my multia? Am I using some deprecated console
>system or something? Needless to say, I was VERY surprised.
>
>Another item of note, the top command can not successfully
>sort on cpu for some reason. the other sorts look ok though.
>
>--
>Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net

 == Roland Dowdeswell
 == http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/