Subject: 164LX/19990122 snapshot/adaptec machine checks
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul H. Anderson <pha@pdq.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/12/1999 16:36:44
I can boot from IDE usually with no errors or warnings.  As soon as I put
an Adaptec 2940UW card in (several different revisions), I get a machine
check immediately after the ahc device is probed.  No card, no machine
check.  The adaptec card should work, shouldn't it? Will -current fix
anything with respect to the adaptec card, at least over the 19990122
snapshot kernel?

I've used 1.3.2 successfully by booting from floppy, then using the same
adaptecs that now seem to cause problems.

The exact hardware is a 164LX/1GB RAM/DE500 ethernet/Adaptec 2940UW (tried
three different revs of it), booting from an IDE disk.

Paul

| Paul Anderson           Public Data Queries, Inc.    |
| pha@pdq.com             734-213-4964(W) 994-3734(H)  |