Subject: Re: PC164LX boot problems
To: Paul H. Anderson <pha@pdq.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/12/1999 11:39:07
On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:18:22 -0500 (EST)
 "Paul H. Anderson" <pha@pdq.com> wrote:

 > And... I've answered my last question.  The IDE disk on the PC164 doesn't
 > show up in the SRM if the cable is not the primary cable.  Now why NetBSD
 > saw disk on the secondary cable, and called it wd0a, I have no idea...

Aha, I guess I was mistaken about the SRM and IDE support in the various
versions... I do distinctly remember there being stupidity like that
at some point, however :-)

As to why NetBSD called it "wd0a" .. NetBSD, by default, assigns unit numbers
as it finds devices, and doens't have any default mapping from unit number
to physical location of the device.