Subject: Re: eek, isp crash
To: None <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/11/1999 01:55:57
| What does this all mean and what can be done? Jeez- that's tougher. Can
| you reproduce this at will or was it a one time?

Well, it happened once this evening after the box had been up
several days doing not much more than running rc5des and ntp and
a couple other minor things that don't do much disk activity.

I hadn't seen it before, over a couple months of on-and-off use,
during which I did several disk-smashing things.

It also happened twice more - once when coming up multiuser,
once after it had been multiuser for a while.

The box is off now.  It didn't need to be on and I figured I'd
hear back from someone with tips.   However, maybe it was thermal
or something came loose over time thanks to vibration, or maybe
it will do it again.

Turning it on...

... leads to it coming up multiuser all happily.

I will watch it and even try to provoke it a bit.  If I succeed,
what should I do?

	Sean.