Subject: serial ports on Multia
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/10/1999 15:08:24
I've sent this question once before, but I didn't get any response.
Did I miss something in a FAQ or something?  Is nobody else interested
in using serial ports on a Multia?  Am I the only one with this
problem?

I can't use the serial ports on my multia.  I can send characters out
the serial port, but I don't get any back.

Does anybody have any ideas what I can do about this?  Are serial
ports just broken?  Thanks in advance.

Chris

NetBSD 1.3K (AWKWARD) #0: Tue Mar  9 19:20:02 MST 1999
    cjones@awkward.avicom.net:/usr/src/sys/arch/alpha/compile/AWKWARD
(PCI ISA), 167MHz
[...]
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4: ns16550a, working fifo
alpha_shared_intr_establish: isa irq 4: warning: using edge-triggered on level-triggered
com1 at isa0 port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3: ns16550a, working fifo
alpha_shared_intr_establish: isa irq 3: warning: using edge-triggered on level-triggered

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu