Subject: Re: Hopfully last kernel question. Multia
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@agames.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/09/1999 17:14:17
>Sean> Where did I go wrong? It's looking for three files which arn't
>Sean> there.
>
>I hate to sound like a broken record, but it really looks like you're
>losing stderr somewhere.  It's not bailing out because of missing
>files; in fact, it's running cc in order to generate one of those
>files.  Running ktrace with the -i flag will make it ktrace cc, too,
>and you can find out if cc exited with a good status or not.  If it's
>not exiting with a 0 status, it should print some kind of an error
>message to fd 2 before it exits.  If you're not getting that message
>on your terminal, then something is quite wrong.

*grin* That's ok, you sometime hear things that you usually wouldn't when
the record repeats. I'll try the -i flag, but I have been unable to build
the kernel, perl, apache and ssh.  And I haven't had a problem with ssh
to this date so I think there might be something basic really wrong here.

If the -i does not give a clue I will wait until the next snapshot, do a
full binary upgrade and then try again.

thanks for the help!

-Sean

---
Sean J. Schluntz                           schluntz@agames.com
Sr. Office Systems Administrator                  408-434-5804
Atari Games Corporation                  http://www.agames.com

Mountain Dew and doughnuts...because breakfast is the most
important meal of the day. - ???