Subject: Re: Please Help with IPNAT and NetBSD/Alpha
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: kevin <kev@drule.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/09/1999 02:17:08
At 01:09 AM 3/9/99 , Tom Harvey wrote:

>good luck. NetBSD/alpha 1.3H should make a fine cable modem NAT'ing router.

I'm glad to hear this, because I have a DEC 3000 I plan on doing this
with.  Question:  Can I do this with just 1 ethernet card in the alpha?  I
would like to assign 2 IP's to the same ethernet interface (le0), one from
my non-routable ip block the other from the cable connection.  Then, run
ipnat between the 2 subnets on the same ethernet segment.  I know
performance will be degraded, but i would just like to know if it's
technically possible.  My other option would be to hunt down a turbochannel
NIC which I don't want to do if i don't have to.

Now a question about system versions.  I see the mention of 1.3I and
1.3H.  I just downloaded and installed 1.3.3-stable.  Is this newer then
the others listed?

TIA

---
Kevin                      DOTFP

Trust the computer industry to shorten "Year 2000" to Y2K.
It was this kind of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.